Terms & Conditions for Accomodation Contracts
The SOTETSU FRESA INN takes this opportunity to welcome you and to invite you to make full use of our facilities. Our accommodations and facilities are operated under rules similar to those of other hotels with international standards. The management kindly requests that hotel guests observe these rules and hopes that your stay with us be an enjoyable one. Provisions Governing Accommodations are clarified for your convenience. Guests are graciously requested to observe the following rules:
(1) Do not use guest room for the purpose other than lodging without permission.
(2) Do not use fire in the guest room and hallway for cooking or heating.
(3) In order not to cause a fire hazard, do not smoke in bed, in nonsmoking rooms and in other places where smoking is not allowed.
(4) Do not let your visitors in your room.
(5) Do not move furniture from fixed positions within the hotel room.
(6) Do not alter or rearrange the furniture and facilities in the room without permission of hotel officials.
(7) Do not bring items into the hotel, such as animals and birds, offensive smelling items, illegally-owned guns and swords, gasoline, explosives, inflammable items or bulky objects.
(8) Do not annoy other guests by creating a noise in the room or in the hallways.
(9) Do not gamble in the hotel and not to commit any offense against public order.
(10) Do not use the hotel for soliciting business of any type unless specially authorized.
(11) Hotel will not accommodate guests who have infectious diseases.
(12) Do not leave your belongings in the lobby or the hallway at any time.
(13) When a guest uses the telephone in his room, some service fee will be added to the normal telephone rate.
(14) Photographing with in the hotel premises, either for commercial purpose or in cases where it would cause a nuisance for hotel guests, is strictly prohibited.
(15) Please use the main lobby to meet with guests.
(16) We shall accept your request of “Not necessary to clean the room” in two days and two nights at most. In case of over two days or two nights, we shall clean the room because of maintenance and hygiene of the room under the law of Facility Maintenance.
Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practice, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Article 2 (Application for Accommodation Contracts)
- A Guest who intends to make an application for the Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following issues:
(1) Name, age, sex, address, nationality and occupations of the Guest(s);
(2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
(3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Exhibit No.1.);
(4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the check-out day having previously been planned, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Article 3 (Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- The deposit shall be compensated, firstly for the Total Accommodation Charges by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6, and thirdly for the reparations under Article 17 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 11.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Article 4 (Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring the accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- When the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation, Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Article 5 (Refusal of Accommodation Contracts)
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When the application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
(3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
(4) When the Guest seeking accommodation is belonged to criminal organization and their member as specified in the Restriction on Prevention of Unreasonable Behavior by Gangsters (enforced on March 1,1992)
(hereafter, it is assumed" criminal organizations and their members") or party concerned or Anti-Social organization and their member;
(5) When the Guest seeking accommodation is belonged to a corporation or other organization which is under control of criminal organizations and their members;
(6) When the Guest seeking accommodation is belonged a corporation and holds a member of criminal organization as an executive;
(7) When the Guest seeking accommodation has made a remarkably annoying speech against other guests;
(8) When the Guest seeking accommodation acts violently, threatens coercively makes an exorbitant demand or request that Hotel assume an unreasonable burden and / or have done such acts in the past, towards our employees;
(9) When the Guest seeking accommodation can clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
(10) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, malfunction of the facilities and / or other unavoidable causes;
(11) When the Guest seeking accommodation is heavily intoxicated and possible to disturb or annoy other guests.
(12) When the Guest seeking accommodation conceals, in their application for lodging, the goal of securing profit, either for themselves or for a third party, through the sale of items or other similar activities.
(13) When the Guest seeking accommodation does not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or does not comply with cancellation terms or payment terms as of the time of reservation.
Article 6 (Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest)
- Guests are entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract wholly or partly due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Exhibit No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear by 10 p.m. of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of it) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Article 7 (Right to Cancel Accommodation Contacts by the Hotel)
- The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
(1) When a clarification of the particulars in Paragraphs 1 of Article 2 has been requested and not complied with, within the designated period.
(2) When the payment of accommodation deposit prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, had been requested by the Hotel but not been paid within the designated period.
(3) When the case is applied to the Paragraphs 3 to the 13 on Article 5.
(4) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, mischief to the firefighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he has not received.
Article 8 (Registration)
The Guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
(1) Name, age, sex, address, nationality, and occupation of the Guest(s)
（2）If foreigners, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan
（3）Date and estimated time of departure
（4）Other particulars which the hotel regards as necessary
Article 9 (Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms)
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from3 p.m. to 10 a.m. the next morning. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid.
Article 10 (Observance of Use Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Use Regulation established by the hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
Article 11 (Payment of Accommodation Charge)
- The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- Accommodation Charges etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid by Japanese currency, by a credit card, and by a hotel coupon which the hotel regards acceptable at the time of registration or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and are at his disposal.
Article 12 (Liabilities of the Hotel)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in the case when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The responsibility of this Hotel for accommodation begins from the time the Guest registers at the front desk, and terminates when he leaves his room to depart.
- Even though the Hotel has received the “PASS MARK”(Certificate of Excellence of Fire Prevention Standard issued by the fire station),furthermore, the Hotel is covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
Article 13 (Handling When the Hotel is Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms)
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Article 14 (Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to inevitable causes. However, for cash and valuables, when the Hotel has requested the Guest to report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to do so the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 50,000 yen.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage which is caused by some intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel, to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value has not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limits of 50,000yen.
- Articles such as works of art and antiques, however, may not be deposited.
Article 15 (Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- Luggage and/or personal items belonging to a guest left in this hotel after the guest has checked out will be kept at the hotel for a period of seven days including the day the items were discovered, after which they will be delivered to the local police station as lost articles (there are also cases that the Hotel gets the storage consignment of lost articles from the local police station for a period of three months including the date of discovery).
- The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the Preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Article 16 (Liability in Regard to Parking)
The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited to the Hotel or not.
Article 17 (Liability of the Guest)
The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Article 18 (Governing law and exclusive jurisdiction)
Disputes relating to accommodation agreement between the hotel and the guests will be governed by the laws of Japan, and The Yokohama District Court or The Yokohama Summary Court will be the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.
Exhibit No.1: Calculation method for Accommodation Charges, etc. for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and Paragraph 1 of Article 11)
|Total Amount be paid by the Guest
||Basic Accommodation Charge (Room Charge)
Remark: These charges are subject to change under related Tax Laws concerned.
Exhibit No.2: Cancellation Charge for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|1 day prior to the accommodation day: 20% of the accommodation charge
|Accommodation day: 80% of the accommodation charge
||No show: 100% of the accommodation charge
- The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charges to the accommodation charges.
- When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- In contracts for lodging plans sold by this hotel to groups of guests (12 or more) or sold over the internet, etc., the hotel may make additional stipulations concerning penalties for breach of contract. In such cases, the aforementioned stipulations concerning penalties for breach of contract take precedence over this agreement and the hotel will charge the applicable breach-of-contract fees to persons or guests attempting to enter into a lodging contract with the hotel.